Monday, October 17, 2011

A Hockey Ticket and 2 Dollars

I pull into North Campus for some good Liberty Flames hockey. My friends, Jon and Bryan, go inside because they have their tickets already, leaving me outside... ticketless. But it was ok; Cameron had a ticket for me and said he'd be there in roughly 20 min. No big deal. Some texting could pass the time easily. I sit down outside, using a pillar as support for my back.

So as I'm texting for a short while, I hear a faint,

"Umm... excuse me?" an innocent feminine voice asked. I looked up and noticed two cute Liberty students standing near me. I immediately disregard anything that's going on on my phone because I think it's rude to text while people are talking to you. "Do you have a ticket to the game?"

"Not right now I don't," I replied, "but my friend is bringing mine and should be here in about 5 minutes."

"Oh, well we have an extra one and wanted to know if you wanted to come sit with us." That gesture was really nice, and I would've taken it if I was going to the game by myself.

"No it's ok, really. I don't wanna leave my friend. Thanks for the offer, though," I said.

"Ok, well, see ya later," one of them lightheartedly said.

So Cameron ends up coming shortly after and hands me my ticket. I tell him what happens, and he says that I should've taken it and asked the girls if we could save a seat for my friend. Well what's done is done. We head inside, tickets in hand as we pass the ticket scanner. Cameron's ticket scans... a green sign that reads GO is displayed. I hold the ticket for the man to scan... STOP! I think to myself that the ticket must've been scanned to quickly or something of that degree.

The man asks for my ticket, he says, "Well, it seems that this ticket is for tomorrow's game." Cameron asks if there is any way we can exchange that ticket for one that for tonight's game. They denied the request, but luckily for me, I was wearing a shade of red; so it was $2 instead of $5 for admission.

I realize at this moment that I could've gotten in for free, and sat with 2 pretty girls. But regardless, I did enjoy the game, AND there was a fight that was between like 5-6 players. It was awesome.

Note:
The events and make-up of this story are true.

No comments:

Post a Comment