Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Spider Insider

So it began as a brisk morning. The wind nipped at my face and ears, but I was oh so cozy and toasty in my warm winter coat. It began as a normal day with convocation in the morning, then lunch with some humanities on the side.

GNED rolls around (that is contemporary issues), and I'm sitting in a seat waiting from my friend Bryan to show up. I decide to adjust the inside of my jacket because a part of it had folded over, and as I look down into my coat, I see a spider creeping around inside of it. I look up quickly and stare around the room with wide eyes. No one in the large room is paying any attention to me.

So I look again to see if my mind is playing a trick on me. It's definitely not! So I try to forcefully squish the spider in the fold of my coat. Mission: FAIL. I try again, but this time agitating the area by squeezing multiple rapid times... with little success.

The 8-legged creature is pacing its way up to my neck. I just couldn't take it! I begin to slap my chest frantically in hopes that this demon will just fall to the ground so I can every so lightly KILL the wretched thing. Mission: SUCCESS! I step on it inconspicuously, but when I look around, I see many pairs of eyes on me. I give an awkward wave, then go back about my business.

Nevertheless, it was an experience I hope never happens again, but at least people were entertained.

Note:
The events that make up this story are true. The room seats around 180.

No comments:

Post a Comment